Saturday, April 9, 2011

Life Invasion

I have kept my life in small chunks.

These little divisions have included different groups of friends, different places and different mindsets. This weekend however, I have found them mixing. I had anticipated this and while nervous, was happy to see what would happen. The only thing that now worries me is that they may be mixing too quickly and without my control.

This may just be a step towards giving myself a coherent life. Yet at the same time I cannot help but wonder if there was a reason for keeping my life fragmented. I do not trust myself in certain situations and with certain people. Perhaps this compartmentalisation was an effort to make a new beginning with people and therefore break free of old patterns.

At any rate, the main thing that I need to do this weekend is to go along with things and not complicate matters. For any normal person, this problem would not even exist so it is surely a natural and beneficial step for some disparate elements of my life to start pulling together.

Hopefully I can even enjoy it too.

-The English Student

No comments: