Sunday, December 4, 2011

Commitments

Commitments keep me coming back to this blog, even when an update is due in five minutes time.

Making new commitments is tricky for me and I am pressed towards making another one by difficult circumstances and uncontrollable emotions. When I do make one of these commitments however, I tend to keep it.

This blog has been diligently upheld, despite an absence of readership and an absence of true inspiration for a long time. Is it some kind of zombie commitment when the initial reason for taking it has dissipated?

Perhaps it just shows commitment to that initial beginning. With that in mind, I should allow myself to make commitments a bit more readily: knowing that trust in myself is the most important factor for these decisions.

I will have to see how this plays out practically.

-The English Student

No comments: