Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pocket Music

I seem to be obsessed with carrying all of my music, all of the time.

A constant concern with my mp3 player is its capacity. My older player had far larger storage yet was so unreliable that I had to move onto something smaller. Thankfully, I am not quite at the stage of having to remove any of my music to make way for things that I listen to more, yet I see it approaching quickly on the horizon. Especially as I begin to increasingly trade music libraries with friends.

It's not like I listen to all of this music. In fact, there's some of it that I have never listened to and probably never will. Yet it's that 'probably' that seems to be the trouble. I feel that if I ever could possibly listen to something then I need it with me at all times. Even stuff that I do not actually like may need to stay in case someone else wants to listen to it while in my company or in case I have a change of heart.

I guess the other reason is that I have a direct pipeline into a pretty vast collection of music when I store it all in one place. It is reassuring to have all of this creativity sitting in my pocket awaiting my selection.

Music is what keeps me going and this mp3 player is like a power source for me.

-The English Student

No comments: