Monday, September 19, 2011

Bound

It is a simple gesture, yet getting something bound is quite momentous.

This morning I will do this and irrevocably join months of work together. It is the final connection and the final task that I need to complete this project. Any feelings of incoherency within the actual prose will now become deeply embedded with the final project, any feelings of coherency will be mimicked at a physical level.

I do not anticipate a massive climax when I have bound this project. If anything, I expect a dour affair and at least some kind of hassle at the bindery. Yet it these projects are ones of small victories and the small victory of binding is a summary of those other small victories.

I march towards it now. Knowing that when bound I will probably never look at it again. For when bound, I can never change it again. I have given all that I can and while the physical project does not summarise all of the work that I have done, the binding pulls it together and seals the period.

To the bindery.

-The English Student

No comments: