Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Coat of Paint

So I am going to paint my childhood room.

I am stressed out about this prospect and while this is mostly because of the ridiculous hassle that painting is. At the same time, there is an underlying anxiety that this change will shatter this room's position as a store of my memories.

My room has been described as hideous and while I cannot argue with that from an aesthetic perspective, it is a collection of my memories and has its own type of beauty and balance.

The awful wall colours do not help the overall aesthetic so they really should be repainted. It is more like changing the foundation upon which this wonderful pile of crap is built upon.

So long as it does not take too long, I suppose I can live with it.

-The English Student

No comments: