Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rolling Walk

I went for a walk earlier to clear my head.

Of the many boring things I observed, most notable was the different types of transport that I saw. I saw kids on roller blades, skate boards, those little scooters, the ski-things with wheels, bicycles and small cars. I remembered the way we used to play as kids and how a lot of the time it involved wheels of different varieties.

This is obviously in contrast to my choice to take a walk. It reminds me of the days when even going to a destination was an activity. We would never get bored when we were kids because we could always walk to the shop or over to the next neighbourhood.

Perhaps remembering this was a factor in my decision to take a walk. As things get more and more hectic and I increasingly struggle to control my world it feels important to remember the simplicity of walking.

If I can walk I can walk back in time.

-The English Student

No comments: